One of the funnest activities you can do in the Winter as a family is to go tobogganing. It costs no money, needs very little equipment and it’s hours of fun! Go to a neighbourhood park or change it up by trying somewhere new.
The key to toboganning is finding a great hill. Here is a good site www.tobogganhills.com where you can search for hills by location, add your favourite hills, add photos, comment on and rate hills and discuss various different sleds.
Some things to consider when going tobogganing
– Be sure to dress warmly and keep your skin covered as much as possible.
– Depending on hill size it is recommended that children wear helmets
– Pick a hill that it free of trees, away from water and far from roads and parking lots
– Be courteous to other tobogganers and teach your children to walk up the side
– Teach your children to sit properly on their knees or bottom
– Do not overload a sled
– HAVE FUN!
Grab your sled and hit the hills for a fun time with the family!