Some of your best summer memories can be made by renting a cottage for a summer getaway. Imagine how much fun it can be swimming in the lake, building sand castles and sitting around a campfire roasting marshmallows and telling stories. Oh the fun possibilities are endless!
Not sure where to start when looking for a cottage rental? Our friends at Online Cottage Rental have some great tips for you to get started. They also have an awesome website where you can search an abundance of rental cottage listings from across Canada.
Communication is Key
Ask lots of questions
- How much is the security deposit and when do you get it back?
- What form of payment do they accept?
- Confirm rental dates.
- When can you arrive?
- How many visitors are allowed at one time?
- Ask if you can go look at the property before renting it (this is dependent on your proximity to the rental property).
- Who should you call if there is a problem with the rental?
- Confirm all amenities included.
- What is the cancellation policy?
- Confirm how much the cottages rent is.